|Internship Track:||Social Justice|
|Type of Internship:||Marketing|
|Teaser:||Use your skills in Marketing to manage social media accounts, website development, publication design, and promotion of current Freedom Challenge events or projects. Freedom Challenge is an initiative dedicated to freeing enslaved and oppressed women and children|
|Suggested Dates:||Now accepting applications for Summer 2018 and Fall 2018.|
Set Dates: Summer 2018 (June 4-July 27)
|Number of Interns Needed:||1|
|Positions still available:||1|
|Description:||The Freedom Challenge is an initiative of OM that is a movement of passionate women dedicated to freeing oppressed and enslaved women and children all around the world. We do this by participating in physical challenges that test our limits, while raising funds and awareness to combat these dark, social injustices and set women and children on the pathway to freedom.
Position Description: The marketing intern will be responsible for assisting the Freedom Challenge with managing social media accounts, website development, publication design, and promoting any current Freedom Challenge events or projects.
• Effectively engage Freedom Challenge community using creative social media outlets
• Create and execute new marketing initiatives and projects
• Draft and propose marketing and communication plans for current FC events
• Develop and write website information and implement aesthetics
• Be exposed to multicultural subjects and settings
• Work Schedule: Mon-Fri, 8:30AM-5:00PM
• Hours per Week: 40
Additional Info: Resources and information are available for students interested in serving in an affiliated OM mission trip as a part of the internship.
|Skills/ Experience Required:||• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must be in junior or senior year of college or recent graduate
• Major in Marketing, Communications, or related field
• Proficiency with social media channels and related marketing strategies
• Minimum GPA of 3.0 preferred
|Qualifications of on-field supervisor:||As an intern you will work directly for members of the OM management team, who have experience both in the corporate world in their field, as well as in international nonprofit. You will receive vocational mentoring by senior level OM staff, as well as monthly meetings with OM Vice Presidents.|
|Is a homestay with a national possible?||No|