|Internship Track:||Social Justice|
|Type of Internship:||Corporate Philanthropy|
|Teaser:||Help develop and implement a program to relate to Corporate Social Responsibility departments of national corporations on behalf of OM’s Freedom Challenge initiative, which is dedicated to freeing enslaved and oppressed women and children.|
|Dates:||Accepting applications for Fall 2018. Summer 2018: CLOSED.|
|Compensation:||$500/month stipend and free housing on OM campus|
|Number of Interns Needed:||1|
|Positions still available:||1|
|Description:||The Freedom Challenge is an initiative of OM that is a movement of passionate women dedicated to freeing oppressed and enslaved women and children all around the world. We do this by participating in physical challenges that test our limits, while raising funds and awareness to combat these dark, social injustices and set women and children on the pathway to freedom.
The Corporate Philanthropy intern is responsible for the research and development for new or evolving projects for the Freedom Challenge. Projects are in the related fields: fundraising, sustainability, corporate development, and finance.
• Conduct research regarding potential relationships with Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) departments in national corporations.
• Develop and write a strategic plan of communication with leading CSR prospects.
• Recruit Corporate sponsors for major events
• Gather information from our donor database for use in preparing or analyzing gift reports.
• Build and strengthen current relationships with corporations through communication and hospitality.
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri , 8:30AM-5:00PM
Hours per Week: 40
Additional Info: Resources and information are available for students interested in serving in an affiliated OM mission trip as a part of the internship.
|Skills/Experience Required:||• Able to handle security sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
• Strong organizational and time management skills. Must be able to work on multiple tasks.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent research and reporting skills
• Major in Management, Business, Philanthropy/ Development or related field.
|Qualifications of supervisor:
||As an intern you will work directly for members of the OM management team, who have experience both in the corporate world in their field, as well as in international nonprofit. You will receive vocational mentoring by senior level OM staff, as well as monthly meetings with OM Vice Presidents.|
|Is a homestay with a national possible?||No|