|Internship Track:||Social Justice|
|Type of Internship:||Corporate Philanthropy|
|Teaser:||Help develop and implement a program to relate to Corporate Social Responsibility departments of national corporations on behalf of OM’s Freedom Challenge initiative, which is dedicated to freeing enslaved and oppressed women and children.|
|Suggested Dates:||Three semesters a year – Spring, Summer and Fall - APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2017 NOW CLOSED. Now accepting applications for Fall 2017, Spring 2018, and Summer 2018.|
|Date Flexibility:||Set Dates: Fall 2017 (September 25 – December 15) Spring 2017 (January 15–April 20) Summer 2018 (May 30–August 4)
|Compensation:||$500/month stipend and free housing on OM campus|
|Number of Interns Needed:||1|
|Positions still available:||1|
|Description:||The Freedom Challenge is an initiative of OM that is a movement of passionate women dedicated to freeing oppressed and enslaved women and children all around the world. We do this by participating in physical challenges that test our limits, while raising funds and awareness to combat these dark, social injustices and set women and children on the pathway to freedom.
The Corporate Philanthropy intern is responsible for the research and development for new or evolving projects for the Freedom Challenge. Projects are in the related fields: fundraising, sustainability, corporate development, and finance.
• Conduct research regarding potential relationships with Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) departments in national corporations.
• Develop and write a strategic plan of communication with leading CSR prospects.
• Recruit Corporate sponsors for major events
• Gather information from our donor database for use in preparing or analyzing gift reports.
• Build and strengthen current relationships with corporations through communication and hospitality.
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri , 8:30AM-5:00PM
Hours per Week: 40
Additional Info: Resources and information are available for students interested in serving in an affiliated OM mission trip as a part of the internship.
|Skills/Experience Required:||• Able to handle security sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
• Strong organizational and time management skills. Must be able to work on multiple tasks.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent research and reporting skills
• Major in Management, Business, Philanthropy/ Development or related field.
• Must be junior or senior in college, minimum GPA of 3.0 preferred.
|Qualifications of on-field supervisor:
||The intern would be supervised by the Director of The Freedom Challenge. Previously she owned and operated a multi-million dollar healthcare staffing company in South Florida and was named Finalist, South Florida Business Journal Entrepreneur of the Year, and the Top 100 Women of Broward County.
|Is a homestay with a national possible?||No|