|Type of Internship:||IT Business Analyst|
|Teaser:||Play an integral role in helping OM USA as they pursue the migration of all shared data sources to the Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint environment site. Help with developing user documentation and aiding end users in the migration of file shares to a new environment.|
Three semesters a year – Spring, Summer and Fall - APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2017 NOW CLOSED. Now accepting applications for Fall 2017, Spring 2018, and Summer 2018.
|Date Flexibility:||Set Dates: Fall 2017 (September 25 – December 15) Spring 2017 (January 15–April 20) Summer 2018 (May 30–August 4)|
Free apartment housing on the OM USA campus as well as a $500.00 monthly stipend for living costs.
|Number of Interns Needed:||1|
|Positions still available:||1|
|Description:||OM USA is actively pursuing the migration of all shared data sources from file shares on local file servers to document libraries on a Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint environment. This position will play an integral role in defining the SharePoint site and user security structure, as well as developing user documentation and aiding end users in the migration of file shares to the new environment. SharePoint is a rich content management and application development environment. OM USA intends to exploit this new environment to enhance collaboration and team communication across the entire organization.
• Be exposed to multicultural subjects and settings
• Gain knowledge of OM USA, its mission and how it operates to fulfill that mission.
• Gain broad understanding of and hands-on experience with numerous technologies, including Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, OneDrive for Business and Skype for Business.
• Learn how IT projects are managed and implemented across enterprises.
• Learn to work in a team environment with vendors, customers, clients (internal users) and IT professionals in the attainment of goals and project completions.
Resources and information are available for students interested in serving in an affiliated OM mission trip as a part of the internship
|Skills/Experience Required:||• Must be in junior or senior year of college
• Major in Computer Science, Business/Systems, Management Information Systems or related study
• Minimum GPA of 3.0 preferred
• Experience with application development tools like Java and Microsoft Visual Studio
• Coursework in Systems Design and Corporate Communications
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft operating systems
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
|Qualifications of on-field supervisor:||Over 34 years of senior Information Technology (IT) management experience in various industries, including manufacturing, automotive, construction, retail and fashion. He has led several multi-million dollar ERP selections and implementations, as well as other significant IT capital projects.|
|Is a homestay with a national possible?||No|